Founded almost 100 years ago, Potomac Edison grew into one of the biggest utility companies in Maryland to serve approximately 400,000 people across its utility area. It belongs to the First Energy group of companies and apart from safely delivering power to your home, it offers a variety of additional energy-related services and resources to help customers preserve electricity. First Energy is an umbrella company for multiple utilities, including Penn Power, Ohio Edison, and Illuminating company, and many others.
Shop Potomac Edison Electricity Rates
Electricity in Maryland certainly isn’t a cheap affair. The combination of high average electricity rates (11.57 cents per kWh) and high energy usage (18th highest in the US) makes Maryland home to average electric bills of approximately $140 / month.
If you are currently served by Potomac Edison utility, you have Energy Choice. That means that you can shop for competitive electric service plans from other suppliers and lock at a cheaper price per kilowatt-hour of electricity. It never hurts to check what rates are on offer in your area – just enter your zip code to compare.
Potomac Edison Customer Service Information
If you are an existing customer, or you need to get in touch with the utility for whatever other reason, below are the key contact details you will need:
- Report A Power Outage – In your Potomac online account, you can report and track power outages until they are resolved. However, if you are facing a hazardous situation, you should instead call Potomac Edison phone number 1-888-544-4877
- Service Request – If you’ve just moved into the state or to a new house, you can send a request for an electric service here.
- Outage Map – Track all live outages in your area in the online outage map.
- Streetlight Outage – The utility company also looks after the streetlights in your area, so if you see alight out, let them know using this form.
- Potomac Edison Login – You can manage your account and usage, pay your bill or submit your meter readings in your online account.
- Request Electrical Work – You can request electrical work via this utility webform.
- Report an Outage or Emergency – If you need to report an outage, you should call the phone number 1-888-544-4877
Potomac Edison Service Areas
Potomac Edison Maryland service areas are spread out throughout western Maryland and parts of eastern West Virginia.
Maryland Cities Served
- Cumberland, MD
- Frederick, MD
- Oakland, MD
- Hagerstown, MD
Maryland Counties Served
Below are answers to some of the questions you might have about the utility company:
Where can I pay my Potomac Edison bill?
For Potomac Edison bill pay, you can call the First Energy call center for a one-time payment with your credit or debit card. If you are an existing customer, you can also manage your account and pay your bill in your online account.
What does Potomac Edison provide?
Potomac Edison is one of the biggest utilities in Maryland and West Virginia. Its main business is the safe and reliable supply and delivery of electricity to homes and businesses. Apart from that, the supplier provides additional energy services, including surge protection plans, a community solar energy program, and others.
What are Potomac Edison MD service areas?
The service areas are spread out throughout western Maryland, in cities of Cumberland, Frederick, Oakland, Hagerstown, and parts of eastern West Virginia.