First Choice Power
As far as Texas electricity retailers go, First Choice Power isn’t the new kid on the block. Recently acquired by Direct Energy, it has been serving Texas for almost 70 years. Read on to see if they might be your first choice too.
Shop First Choice Power Electricity Rates
If you think that First Choice Power might just be the company for you, you can shop for electricity rates on their website to understand your options. Just enter your zip code and choose from a wealth of electricity plans on offer.
For example, below is a selection of available electricity plans for a popular Texas zip code 77013.
About First Choice Power
First Choice Power prides itself in offering fixed rate, variable, green, time of use, as well as prepaid and zero-deposit plans, flexible billing and all hours customer service.
As a proud long-standing member of the community, First Choice Power is involved in several charities, including Food First or Neighbor to Neighbor Programs and pays grants to help local schools undertake power conservation projects.
If you prefer to talk to another human to discuss your options, you can contact First Choice Power by calling:
- 1-855-534-3881 for regular plans
- 1-855-676-7239 for prepaid plans
- 1-866-469-2464 for First Choice Power customer service
Why Choose First Choice Power
The member of the Direct Energy family has a lot of perks in store for its Texas customer base, that it exclusively services.
- Power-To-Go Prepaid Electricity – This First Choice electric plan with no long-term contract, credit check or cancellation fee will initially set you back only $30 but provides the flexibility to only pay for electricity when you use it.
- Care to Share Fund – the First Choice Power customer-funded bill payment assistance program for struggling Texans, funded by tax-deductible donations of other customers.
- Paperless and Bilingual Billing – If you are a friend of trees, you can receive your bills by email. Better yet, they can come in Spanish or English. Auto-billing is also available.
- First Choice Power Mobile App – Texas tech enthusiasts will appreciate the complimentary mobile app that lets them pay the bills, track their usage receive outage alerts and apply for home protection services
- Refer a friend program – For every successfully referred friend, both you and your friend receive a $25 credit. Once you refer them, they can sign up easily by clicking on the Referral ID link, or by calling 1-844-815-7012.
- Flexible payment options – With First Choice Power, you can choose to pay in multiple ways:
- Online by logging into your First Choice Power Online Account Manager
- On the phone, 24/7 by calling 1-866-469-2464
- In-person, at one of the partners:
- Fidelity Express
- Western Union: 1-800-551-8001
Remember that the offered electricity rates are based on specific power usage, so it’s important to understand yours first. Keep an eye out for hidden charges and cancellation fees. You can compare providers and offers in your area on this website.
First Choice Power Customer Reviews
To read reviews and complaints from other customers, you should only look for unbiased websites that are not somehow affiliated with the utility company. You can consult a non-profit market analyst Better Business Bureau (BBB), that accredits retail utility providers.
First Choice Power Service Areas
First Choice Power is an exclusive provider to the Texas deregulated electricity community. It covers all major cities, including Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Plano, Corpus Christi, and Irving and others.
Or shop for electricity plans here.
Below are answers to some of the burning questions you might have about First Choice Power.
How do I set up automatic payments for my First Choice Power electricity?
You can do it by logging in to your Online Account Manager and select the Automatic Credit Card or Bank.
What if I change my mind after I switch to First Choice Power?
You can change your mind, without penalty or fee of any kind within three federal business days after signing up.
What is the First Choice Power Down Rewards Program?
When you sign up, you can save 10% by reducing your power usage during a Peak Event. Once a Peak Event has been declared, First Choice Power will notify the enrolled customers by a text or through the mobile app.
True to the name, the Texas native provider gives its Texas customers the power of choice. Though it is tough to compete in deregulated Texas, with flexible plans, competitive rates, and community spirit, there’s no doubt it will power Texas for another 70 years to come.