Orange and Rockland
You can trace the roots of this New York electric & gas transmission utility back to 1899 when it was born as the Rockland Light & Power Company. Now it serves just under 440, 000 customers in southern New York and northern New Jersey, spanning across a 1,350 square-mile region. New Yorkers can find out below what’s the Orange and Rockland phone number, how to contact the customer service, pay their electricity bill or report a power outage.
Orange and Rockland Customer Service
If you wish to get in touch with the utility about a non-emergency related matter, you have a few options:
- Call – 1-877-434-4100, Monday to Friday, 8 AM – 7 PM
- Visit – Walk-in business hours are Monday–Friday (except holidays), 8 AM–4:30 PM in one of the company’s New York offices
- Write – If you prefer the old-fashioned way, you can write a letter to Orange & Rockland 390, W. Route 59, Spring Valley, NY 10977
Pay your Orange and Rockland bill
Customers wanting to settle their bill have a choice:
- Pay by phone – You can call 1-877-673-9729 (24/7 service) and use a credit/debit card ($4.24 fee) or a checking or savings account, free of charge.
- Pay by mail sending a letter to Electricity and Gas payments, Orange & Rockland P.O. Box 1005 Spring Valley, NY 10977
- Pay in person by visiting one of the walk-in payment centers
- Go paperless – apply to receive your bill by email to save trees
- Budget billing – The price you pay monthly for electricity can fluctuate between months. Orange & Rockland will predict your annual usage, then spread out your payments equally so your bill remains the same.
Shop for electricity rates
If you live in the Orange and Rockland area, you have the power to switch electric providersto unlock some great savings. Switching to a cheaper rate can significantly reduce your energy bill each month and earn you some additional perks. Just enter your zip code to compare, what energy plans are on offer in your area.
You can also search by individual energy providers and read our reviews about their offered electric rates, perks of signing up for the service and a lot of other useful information.
Don’t forget – Your usage matters. The energy rate offers are linked to specific monthly usage, so you should find out what’s yours before you get locked in a contract.
Residential Energy Rates
Report a power outage
If you need to report an outage, these are the numbers you should use to let the power utility know:
- Gas Emergencies: 1-800-533-LEAK (5325), available 24/7
- Electric Emergencies: 1-877-434-4100, available 24/7
Alternatively, fill in a simple web-based outage form and easily track your outage status online. Want to see if anyone else is experiencing issues? Check out the outage map for the Orange and Rockland power outages updates.
Of course, if you are smelling gas or suspect a gas leak, leave the area first and call 911!
Last Updated on